Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Stooges - Homecoming (Live @ DTE Energy Theatre, Detroit 2003)




Posted by Amanda Van Keuren on Aug 27, 2003


Okay, so after recovering from a day-long coma, I’m here to give you my take on the Stooges show Monday. It was pretty incredible, and Ron Asheton is my new guitar hero. I never realized how fucking good that guy is; in fact, everyone was totally with it. Iggy hasn’t lost an ounce of fire. It really freaks me out that he’s years older than my parents, yet he was flailing around like a mad fish and humping the amps, just like he should. Brilliant. They played everything from Funhouse save for L.A. Blues (Dirt was incredible, Iggy giving a little speech about how we shouldn’t let people make us think we’re shit because we all rule.), nearly everything from the first record (including I Wanna Be Your Dog… twice), and not a scrap from Raw Power, just to piss you off.

Highlights were:Iggy telling security to fuck off and to let people come up and dance, resulting in a massive dance-party during Real Cool Time, then Iggy demanded the band play Fun House, so they did, and the melee continued for a bit, eventually dispersing as the song went on, but it got pretty crazy for a while; you couldn’t fucking see a thing, but the energy was great.Iggy making the lights-people “turn off all the house lights!” then screaming BLACKOUT DETROIT!!! while the crowd got their lighters out (for once, this was cool and not embarrassing at all).

Track List

"Loose"
"Down In The Street"
"1969"
"I Wanna Be Your Dog"
"TV Eye"
"Dirt"
"Real Cool Time"
"No Fun"
"1970"
"Funhouse"
"Skull Ring"
"Not Right"
"Little Doll"
"I Wanna Be Your Dog"


megaupload 192/mp3 .rar

StoogesDetroit.rar 90.89MB

No comments:

Post a Comment